This unique product results in fast and lasting control of acne. The Obagi CLENZIderm system contains a solubilized form of 5% benzoyl peroxide which is a prescription strength product.
This three step regimen is clinically proven to penetrate more effectively than other competing brands because it uses a revolutionary new liquid- gel form of benzoyl peroxide in conjunction with salicylic acid. This combination of benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid allows deeper penetration. The net effect is that it clears acne faster than other cosmeteuticals.
CLENZIderm targets excess sebum, blocked pores and P.acnes bacteria.
The CLENZIderm system contains:
- CLENZIderm Cleanser: Gentle, non-soap cleanser removes sebum leaving skin clean, refreshed and smooth.
- CLENZIderm Pore therapy: Contains salicylic acid to unblock pores and exfoliate dead skin cells.
- CLENZIderm Serum gel: A liquefied form of benzoyl peroxide penetrates deep into the pores to prevent new breakouts.
- Acne suffers with oily skin should use CLENZIderm normal to oil skin system, however if you tend to have dry skin the normal to dry skin system is recommend.
STEP 1: Daily Care Cleanser
- Wet your face with warm water. Dispense a pea sized amount of Cleanser into the palm of your hand. Gently massage Cleanser over your entire face.
- Rinse skin thoroughly and pat dry.
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes before applying the Therapeutic Lotion.
STEP 2: Therapeutic Lotion
- Apply one pump of Therapeutic Lotion to fingertips.
- Apply over your entire face; avoid contact with eyes.
- Wash hands after applying, but do not rinse off after application.
- Allow Therapeutic Lotion to absorb completely before applying Therapeutic Moisturiser. It is not uncommon to experience temporary tingling or stinging during the first week of usage. This can managed by reducing the frequency of application for the first week or two and titrating usage upwards as tolerated.
- Care must be used with the Therapeutic Lotion because it contains benzoyl peroxide which may bleach hair or dyed clothing. Therefore do not use with coloured towels.
- The therapeutic lotion must be used once daily.
STEP 3: Therapeutic Moisturiser
- Apply with fingertips to face. The therapeutic moisturiser contains salicylic acid which may make skin more sensitive to sun light. Therefore the use of a sun protection factor is recommended if exposure to the sun is anticipated.