Fifty may be the new 40, so if you want to look as young as you feel, we have compiled a list of non-surgical cosmetic treatments which will keep everyone guessing. Subtlety is the key. The only sign of having a great cosmetic doctor is no one believing you have one!
The key to looking fantastic in your 50’s
It is important to maintain your facial individuality and expression. I am sure that you have noticed some Hollywood A list celebrities who have gone too far with botox, fillers and laser treatments. After a while they loose their innate beauty and all tend to look like they came off the same assembly line.
Top tips for looking fantastic in your 50’s
Do not be tempted to spend lots of money on package deals e.g. offers such as ‘five laser treatments for the price of four’. The best approach to anti ageing is a ‘mix and match’ approach. Combinations of cosmeceuticals, anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers yield the best results. It is also advisable to have your treatments in stages as it will not be as noticeable and tends to keep everyone guessing.
It is important to attend a cosmetic doctor who can offer a full facial assessment and offer advice on all aspects of your appearance from skin care to the management of lines and wrinkles. This should include advice on your eye brow position, cheek and lip volume, forehead nose and eye area.
Non-Surgical Anti-Ageing Strategies
If you have decided surgery is not the option for you there are many safe, non-invasive treatments which can have you looking fresh and glowing. The following is an anti-ageing strategy which should keep you looking fresher, younger and rejuvenated.
- Cosmeceuticals can revitalise dull jaded and lack lustre skin. There are many excellent products on the market containing anti-oxidants, glycolic acid and retinoids. These prescription strength products are not available on the high street can truly restore a glowing complexion. The reason cosmeceuticals are so effective is that they contain active ingredients in high concentrations.
- Anti-wrinkle injections can smooth forehead lines, soften crow’s feet and banish frown lines. Sagging heavy lids can be lifted using Botox injections without the surgeons knife.
- Dermal filler injections can also be used to contour or enhance facial features, add volume to thin lips and flattened cheeks, reshape the nose, soften nasolabial folds, fill eye hollows, treat acne scarring and rejuvenate the hands.
- Liquid face lift describes the use of many different injectable products from Botox to fillers in combination to erase expression lines, restore lost facial volume and restore youthful facial contours. Liquid face lift procedures can literally take years off your appearance.
- Intense Pulsed Light IPL treatments can treat a multitude of skin imperfections from facial veins, to sun damage and pigmentation. This wonderful procedure is a now very affordable with minimum downtime. IPL photorejuvenation also targets the collagen producing cells in the dermis to produce more collagen, plumping up the skin.
Now you can look and feel fabulous in your 50’s. You will look fresher, younger and more confident and no one will know!
Contact cosmeticdoctor on 01 685 3100 to find out what treatment strategy best suits your requirements.