Beauty Secrets Revealed!
Effective anti-ageing regimens should incorporate the best prescription skincare products, good diet, vitamins to fight wrinkles and ageing. Discover how foods, diet, vitamins, cosmetics and skin care can slow down the ageing process.
For Healthy Youthful Skin Dr. Lisa Fay recommends the following tips:
- Keep glucose and insulin levels down
- Keep antioxidant levels high
- Have a healthy BMI range
- No sweets- avoid sugar
- Minimise starch based foods
- Plenty of fresh vegetables
- Fresh fruit in moderation- avoid sugary fruits e.g. bananas and dried fruit
- Eat high quality protein every day
- Eat good fats daily e.g. non processed meat and fish
- Eat nuts, avocado, olive oil and coconut oil
Things to cut down on
- Processed foods
- Cheap vegetable oils and trans fats
- Excess amounts of alcohol
Eat three main meals at regular intervals daily. This helps to enhance resistance to oxidative stress.
- Avoid grazing
- Avoid eating after 7-8pm this encourages Growth Hormone release at night
- Skip 1 meal per week (intermittent fasting)
- Eat antioxidant rich foods- this encourages cell repair mechanisms.
- Antioxidant rich foods include:
- Berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries)
- Cocoa power
- Green and white tea
Caloric restriction scientifically proven to increase lifespan significantly
Aim to do the following
- Drink more water
- Drink green and white tea
- Avoid smoothies and fruit juices
- Avoid fizzy drinks
- Drink red wine in moderation
- Cut down on milk
- Take a supplement of vitamin D 1000-3000iu
- Take omega 3 essential fatty acids like Eskimo or Quest
”Less is more”
- Brief high intensity exercise is best- max of 20 minutes three times a week
- Build up strength with training to increase growth hormone and insulin sensitivity
- Avoid long aerobic exercise like jogging and spinning classes, as this increases oxidative stress and cortisol.
Slow down premature skin ageing and common facial skin conditions using the following suggested regimen
- Neostrata Glycolic or PHA products recommended by your Therapist or Doctor to suit your skin type or skin condition.
- Vitamin C serum (e.g. Obagi – L ascorbic acid serum 10-20% (4-5 drops)
- Sun Protection (e.g.Heliocare- SPF 30-50 )
Neostrata product suited to your skin type or condition as advised by staff at CosmeticDoctor, Stillorgan.
Topical Retinoid products (Retin A 0.025-0.1% – start by using once or twice weekly and titrate upward as tolerated). This will slow intrinsic and extrinsic ageing. This is a prescription agent and must be prescribed by a medical doctor. Topical Retinoids are contra-indicated in pregnancy. Sun Protection is vital with this product.
Learn how certain foods, diet, vitamins, skincare, and cosmeceuticals can reverse the signs of ageing, rejuvenate skin and reduce lines and wrinkles. Contact CosmeticDoctor.ie, Stillorgan 01-2000500 to schedule an appointment.