Radiesse® – the Volume Filler that Enhances Volume in Face and Hands. Radiesse® is a unique dermal filler made from synthetic calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in a water based gel carrier.
Once injected, the gel matrix augments the volume of the dermis instantly. Additionally Radiesse continues to work over time. The CaHA microspheres stimulate production of the body’s own collagen, which prolongs the volume replacement over an extended period of time. Radiesse is the ideal choice for total facial and hand contouring. It can restore a healthy, youthful appearance, enhance your existing features, help you defy the signs of ageing, and increase your confidence – all without invasive surgery.
Radiesse® dermal filler meets one of the most rigorous standards for aesthetic facial injectables. Since Radiesse received FDA approval in 2006 (the American board that regulates the use of medicines and medical devices in the USA), over 2 million syringes have been used worldwide with an excellent satisfaction and safety record. In Europe, Radiesse is fully approved with the CE certification mark. Radiesse has been a much loved brand for many practitioners and clients.
Price starts from €350 depending on area treated and volume of product used.
Radiesse® is used in many areas to enhance volume:
- Nasolabial folds: reducing the lines that go from the nose to the corner of the mouth. In addition Radiesse treats wrinkles around the mouth.
- Shallow cheeks: replenishing the volume loss caused by reduced collagen production and fat
- Marionette lines: reducing the lines that go from the corner of the mouth down to the jawline.
- Nose, chin and chin fold: correcting indentations, tips, bumps and unevenness.
- Jaw lines: defining the contours of this area.
- Eyebrow and temple: lifting the eyebrows and filling out the hollow temples.
- Earlobe: enhancing the fullness and smoothness of the earlobes.
- Hand: retaining a plump and youthful appearance in the back of hands.
The advantages of Radiesse®:
- Immediate results due to the elastic gel-matrix.
- Prolonged effect thanks to collagen stimulation.
- Lasts 12 month or longer in many patients.
- Well tolerated and no allergy test necessary.
How long does the effect of Radiesse® last?
Individual results are dependent on age, skin type, lifestyle, metabolism and, of course, the area treated. Generally the effect of the treatment lasts over a year or more. The product is 100% biodegradable and metabolised by the body naturally.
Are there any side effects?
You may experience some reaction to the injections. There may be mild swelling, pain, itching, bruising or discolouration, and increased sensitivity to pain. However, these usually disappear after a few days.
At Slievemore Laser and Skincare Clinic located in Stillorgan, Dublin we provide a wide range of cosmetic and anti wrinkle treatments.