Dermal fillers are made up of compounds – there are several types- that can be injected under the surface of the skin to boost volume and reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles.
They work by filling the middle layer of the skin – the dermis – with a substance that fills creases, reduces wrinkles and plumps up the area, creating a more youthful look in the process.
Dermal fillers prove popular as an effective treatment for removing, correcting or even reversing visible skin ageing because of the less drastic, non -surgical aspect of the procedure.
Dermal Fillers are fast and easy, and results are almost immediate as skin looks instantly transformed.
Dermal Fillers treat:
- Laughter lines or “crow’s feet”
- Smile lines around the mouth and nose
- Some scarring
- Loss of fullness in the cheeks and lips
- Deep lines and wrinkles
The longevity of fillers varies but range from lasting a number of months to a few years with a number of different dermal fillers available that are tailored to the specific requirements of a person.
Types of Dermal Fillers:
- Juvederm – used to fill and smooth out facial lines as well as adding volume and creating contours. Using hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the body, it helps retain moisture and works with collagen and elastin to support the structure of the skin.
- Restylane – popular for mild lines and softer wrinkles that also rely on the properties of hyaluronic acid.
- Perlane – similar to Restylane, this filler works effectively on deeper folds in the skin and boosts facial fullness. Perlane is often used for lip definition and other areas of the face that suffer from loss of volume with age.
- Radiesse – is a water-based gel that stimulates the production of collagen in the body around the treated area. It is commonly used for plumping areas and smoothing out lines around the nose and mouth.
Results with Dermal Fillers
- More youthful appearance
- Reduction in deep wrinkles and lines
- Fuller lips
- Defined face contours
The best results happen when the right combination of fillers for your particular facial lines and volume issues are used by a skilful hand. Precision injection at just the right spot will give a beautiful, natural looking result, adding lost volume and evening out skin tone to vastly diminish the appearance of ageing.
For a truly aesthetic eye and an innate understanding of underlying facial structure, book a consultation at Cosmetic Doctor on 01 685 3100 or see www.cosmeticdoctor.ie/anti-wrinkle-injections/dermal-fillers